Root Canals in Tijuana
A root canal treatment is one of the most demanded treatment in today’s dental practice, that’s why at Dental Alvarez we work with one of the most prepared specialists in Endodontics.
But contrary to popular belief, root canal treatment doesn’t cause pain or discomfort.
Its main objective is to preserve the patient’s original teeth, as long as this is possible; an Endodontic treatment always attempts to save the teeth before resorting to a dental bridge or dental implant.
Make Your Appointment Today
We’re just an email away to help you.
Please fill out our form and we’ll get back to you ASAP during regular business hours.
We are a Tijuana dental office for the entire family.
For any doubts or questions, please call us at (619) 734 0233
What is a Root Canal
A root canal consists in the extraction of the tooth pulp, which is a small tissue located in the center of the tooth.
Once the damaged pulp is removed; the remaining space is cleaned, reshaped and filled. This seals the root canal procedure. Years ago, teeth with diseased or injured pulps had no other option but to be extracted.
Teeth that are restored by this procedure can last for several years if they are properly cared.
Since treated teeth don’t have natural structure that has kept them alive and hidrited since they first came out, they become much more fragile and prone to fracture.
This is always important to take into consideration when making the decision to place a tooth crown instead of a regular filling after root canal treatment in Tijuana.
We have the latest technology, with our flow and digital system optimize the time for the development of dental rehabilitations up to 40%.
We are the only dental lab in Tijuana with the complete digital system of Straumann CAD-CAM, for oral rehabilitations on Straumann Original implants.
From design to milling.
Root Canal Procedure
Depending on the situation the treatment consists of several steps to be performed during one or more appointments to the dentist. These steps are:
- First, a cavity access must be created, depending if the treated tooth is a molar, pre-molar, anterior or previously restored with a crown this access in most cases is towards the back or on the occlusal surface area.
- Then the diseased pulp is removed; using several instruments and equipment such as an endodontic microscope the root canal is cleaned and shaped before we proceed to fill.
- For treatments that require more than one visit due infection, the cavity access will be restored with a temporary filling or crown, this to protect the tooth until the next visit nomally programed a week after.
- On the next visit, temporary material is removed and we proceed to fill permanently with a material that prevents bacteria from re-entering the root canals. This step involves inserting a material called gutta-percha in each of the canals and seal them in place with cement.
- The last step of this procedure is to place a dental crown over the tooth to restore its shape and natural appearance.
How Much Does a Root Canal Cost in Tijuana?
Dental treatments in Tijuana can save you a lot of money and time, without risking quality and with a certified Tijuana Dentist. We are able to offer dental services with a 50% to 75% off average cost in the United States.
We are located 10 minutes away from the border in the heart of Tijuana.
|Dental Treatments Price List||Dental Alvarez|
|Root Canal (anterior tooth, premolar)||$250 dlls|
|Root canal Molar||$300 dlls|
|Retreatment anterior/premolar||$300 dlls|
|Retreatment molar||$350 dlls|
|Post and core build up||$100 dlls|
|Zirconia Monolithic Crown||$400 dlls|
What Patients Say
Had a great experience. Went in to have 3rd molars extracted. Had them both out in about 10 minutes! Felt very comfortable there. They have underground parking, so you don’t have to leave your car on the street. The price was great (compared to U.S. costs). They were very professional. I’ll be back soon for the other side!
Again I have to say the best place for dental work. Amazing staff, dentists, and assistants. I’m a huge chicken when it come to dental work. Not once did I feel uneasy or even pain. I had 8 lower teeth pulled. Go back in November for implants.